Functional description SepiaTS
SepiaTS consists of:
Serverinstance: The serverinstance is running as a webservice, with https (TCP/443). This Instance is necessary to accept and build connections between the Terminalserver and the Client, which are initiated from the Clientsoftware of SepiaTS It´s possible to run more than one instance of SepiaTS on one server, to balance the access from different usergroups. So several serverinstances must run as separate webservice on the terminalserver. The serverinstance also makes a validation check against a Licenseserver.
Clientsoftware: The Clientsoftware will be configured during the installationdialog. (FQDN). Every connection is secured per SSL, therefore it uses the official certificate from the terminalserver.
Licensemanager: This part of the product enables you to proof validity of the license, number of licensed users and shows you the number of connected users. You can also remove “connected” users, if it´s necessary to free licenses, without restarting the SepiaTS-serverinstance.
The relationship between The SepiaTS_Client Id and the connected User is build, after the Remote Desktop Session is established.
Starterinstance: Every command, which is initiated on the terminalserver, can be redirected to the local client. Therefor it´s only necessary to customize the callprocedure to use the Starterprogram. Regardless of CMD-Shell, Powershell or any other Scriptinglanguage every command can be transferred and executed on the client.
- The Client initiates a connection via RDP or HTTPS to the terminalserver
- SepiaTS_Client engages a connection through https against the SepiaTS_Server and gets a connectionid. In the same step the loginname will be distributed to the SepiaTS_Server
- Every time, when an application (every application which is installed on the terminalserver) runs a command with SepiaTS_Starter, it also transfers the loginname of the connected user
- SepiaTS_Starter now passes the username to the SepiaTS_Server
- SepiaTS_Server checks if there is an active user connected and looks for the clientid
- Now the command which was initiated on point 3 will be transferred to the client
- If the selected command is ShellExecute or TransferAndOpen, the SepiaTS-Client looks for the program on the local machine which is the defaultprogram for the transferred fileextension
- SepiaTS_Client gets the information of the defaultapplication
- SepiaTS_Client is now able to start the transferred file with the proper application
- HTTP/S-requests (Url will be transferred to the client, and will be open with the defaultbrowser)
- Mail: (To, CC, BCC, Subject, bodytext can be used to call the local mailclient)
- TransferAndExecute: (files which are located on the terminalserver will be automaticly sent to the local client, and will be opend with the configured defaultapplication)
- ShellExecute: (Also files which are stored on the client can be directly opened on the client with the defaultapplication. Pathnames like \\TSCLIENT\C will be automaticly changed to C:\)
- RunScript: (More complex commands, can be started on the local Client with a controlfile)
- SendMail: Outlook 2007 and higher is also implemented to give information about:
– To, CC, BCC
– Bodytext in HTML-format or Textformat
- Print=Default: The document, which should be printed will be redirected to the local computer and will be printed on the default printer of the local machine.
- Print=Dialog: The document, which should be printed will be redirected to the local computer and the Printing Dialog from the local machine will be opened, so the user can decide on which printer the documentshould be transferred.
- Print=ToPrinter Name=”HP Officejet Pro 8610 (network)”: The document will be transferred to the local computer and will be printed to the named printer
SepiaTS-Printerdriver: The printerdriver can be installed on the terminalserver and enables every hosted application to use allmost all of the SepiaTS capabilities when the application is able to print.